Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Changing screen resolution from DOS?

I changed the screen resolution accidentaly to a level my monitor cannot see (Out of Bounds). How can I change the settings on DOS so I can get my screen back to normal



Note - Safe mode does NOT work on fixing this, this is on Windows XP. The Login and main screens after that are all black with a red box, so I cannot see ANYTHING, so please do not say 'use safe mode' or go to properties because I can't see what's on my screen and safe mood doesn't work.Changing screen resolution from DOS?
SAFE mode and Normal mode use different graphics drivers thus different resolutions. SAFE mode uses the generic MS VGA driver that just displays low resolution during login. So usually, if you messed display settings in Normal mode, you should still be able to open SAFE mode and make adjustments or reinstall the graphics driver.



If SAFE mode won't even open, your OS is quite messed up and probably needs repair. Only after a repair and driver reinstallation would you be able to make the adjustments.

No comments:

Post a Comment