Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Is it possible to change a Vista screen resolution to a res. that's not available from the control panel?

I re-installed Vista Home Premium on my laptop, and I used to have a screen resolution of 1280x800, and it was perfect because I have a widescreen, now the best resolution is only 1024x600, and text and such are blurry. How can I change it to my old resolution if it isn't available in the Control Panel?Is it possible to change a Vista screen resolution to a res. that's not available from the control panel?
Reinstall your video driver! Matter of fact, reinstall ALL your drivers. Download them from the hardware or pc mfgs site. DONT depend on windows to load drivers for you. You will end up with a bunch of out dated and generic drivers. ALWAYS use the drivers suggested by the mfg.Is it possible to change a Vista screen resolution to a res. that's not available from the control panel?
It sounds like you need the display drivers for your specific video card. Go to the manufactures website and download. The drivers currently installed are probably The Generic Windows Video drivers.



Rubiconn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment