Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do I get Windows XP to stop automatically changing the screen resolution every time I launch MS WORD?

It never used to do this. It started after one of my students used the computer. When I close WORD, the resolution changes back. It does not happen with EXCEL or Power Point.How do I get Windows XP to stop automatically changing the screen resolution every time I launch MS WORD?
If you are launching Word from a shortcut on the Windows XP desktop, then right-click on the Word shortcut, and left-click on Properties | Compatibility tab | uncheck the ';Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution'; box | OK.



--

garfield-n-odie

Microsoft MVP 2005-2008

http://mvp.support.microsoft.comHow do I get Windows XP to stop automatically changing the screen resolution every time I launch MS WORD?
Solution 1

use system restore, rollback to the date before your student had done something on your computer, go to start, all programs, accesssories, system tools, system restore. If it works, you still need to go to do window update from microsoft site.



Solution 2

right click on the desktop, choose properties, settings tab, take down the Display: driver name which show the video card manufacturer and the make, then do a search for the manufacturer site and download and install the latest video driver, restart pc.

Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment