Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How can I change my screen resolution from standard (4:3 based) to widescreen (16:9 based)?

I just got a new monitor for my computer, but have encountered a problem that makes the appearance quite stretched and blurry: The actual computer isn't exactly new (it's a few years old; maybe 3-4 years) and so it's set for a standard moniter setting; a 4:3 ratio. The new moniter however, is brand new, and it's widescreen; so it's optimized for a 16:9 ratio.



When I try to change the screen resolution (windows XP), I go to the control panel %26gt; display %26gt; settings %26gt; and in the settings tab there is a bar i can drag that changes the resolution. However, this bar only allows me to select resolutions that are 4:3 based.



So, is there any way that I can get to a custom resolution setter that allows me to set the exact resolution myself? (like something that I can type the exact numbers into?)How can I change my screen resolution from standard (4:3 based) to widescreen (16:9 based)?
I go to the control panel



I am no wiz at this but in the control panel try Add Hardware and hopefully this Installation Wizard will allow you to enter the Model Information. The first screen actually asks for an installation disc. If no disc perhaps Next screen may get you started on what is involved in defining the new component. Once your computer knows what it has, hopefully the correct software will be called so the correct specifications set automatically the way we like it.



Key here may be look at the directions - man - if there are any!How can I change my screen resolution from standard (4:3 based) to widescreen (16:9 based)?
Your GPU probably can't support widescreen resolutions.
  • blood circulation create scars
  • Can you quilt a queen on a regular machine
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment