Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How can I change the resolution of a wide-screen monitor in a game that doesn't permit wide-screen resolution

eg: If I want to play a random computer game, all is stretched to the edges of the screen, without having the possibility of changing to a wide-screen resolution. Making all the fun a pain..



the monitor doesn't have any control panel from which to adjust it's height and width, so that's out of the question.



Is there any solution, or am I doomed to not re-play some old games I enjoyed in the past..?How can I change the resolution of a wide-screen monitor in a game that doesn't permit wide-screen resolution
change the res ingame.How can I change the resolution of a wide-screen monitor in a game that doesn't permit wide-screen resolution
Some games, particularly older ones, simply dont support widescreen... there was no reason for them to do so at the time they were developed. Sometimes you can edit the games config file to force a widescreen resolution, but more often than not, this causes problems of its own such as graphic anonolies, or the game simply wont start.
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com is the most comprehensive resource that I've seen on the topic.



Else, you could try disabling scaling on your monitor (YMMV, I've had no luck with my monitor, but others have) and then using a 4:3 resolution. Though you probably have already.
  • head lice at the barber
  • long hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment