Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Why can't i change the screen resolution on my HP compaq mini 110 notebook?

I have tried to change it in the display settings tab and the slider is right down to the left, but it just won't move when i try to move it to the right. I have been through my 'troubleshooter' and checked the drivers etc and changed the 'hardware acceleration' to 'none' but nothing has made any difference.



The reason why I'm trying to do this is that I'm doing an online ECDL course and coursework opens in a window that is too small for its contents but it can't be scrolled down and no matter how big i stretch the window the bottom part soesn't display so I can't do my work unless i fix this problem. I'm told changing the resolution will fix it, but if anyone has any other advice as to how to sort the problem I'd be very grateful! thank you.Why can't i change the screen resolution on my HP compaq mini 110 notebook?
First, by choosing ';none'; as your Hardware Acceleration you are LIMITING the capabilities of your display. Slide that back all the way to the right again.



Second, since you are using a Mini, or a Netbook, one of the things you have to adjust to is that you will NEVER have a large screen resolution. One of the downsides to those cute, ultra-portable devices is that they do have smaller screens and more limited screen resolutions.



You SHOULD have gotten a regular laptop, if you wanted the most compatibility possible. So yes, you were told that changing the resolution would help, but that is a generic solution. Your Netbook does not have the capabilities of expanding to a larger resolution. From Compaq.com...



';The Compaq Mini isn't an alternative to a laptop. It's designed to be a highly mobile companion to either your laptop or desktop PC.'; http://www.compaq.com/country/products/m



The Maximum resolution possible on that netbook is 1024 x 576.



end of lineWhy can't i change the screen resolution on my HP compaq mini 110 notebook?
try setting your Hardware accelerator to a setting other than ';none';



Sometimes you can only go so far with screen resolution till you hit the maximum that it's capable of going to.
First go to the Start Menu, Go to Appearance and Personalization, then click Adjust Screen Resolution which be under the Personalization category.

I hope this helpfull !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment