Monday, June 6, 2011

How Do I Change My Screen Resolution to 1280x1024?

Ok, I know that it sounds easy but really its not like that. I have a ViewSonic VA721 runnig on a S3 Graphics ProSavage video card. My computer is a Compaq Presario. I REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP because I had to renew my computer. When I go on properties%26gt; settings%26gt; screen resolution, its 800x600 and the other is 1024x768. No 1280x1024 is available. however, I try to change it to 1024x768 my screen goes black and it reboots. I tried Updating the driver for my video card but it doesnt seem to really work.

I know that it can be changed to a higher resolution because I could do so before I reinstalled XP. After reinstalling XP I'm stuck with this low resolution and it stops me from being able to use my softwares properly.

Please help me out. I'd really appreciate it!!

ThanksHow Do I Change My Screen Resolution to 1280x1024?
after you resintalled xp you never installed any drivers im guessing the one that you updated is the windows defualt vga driver and you need to install the one that is specific to your graphics card

there should be a disk that came with your computer



if you downloaded the driver are you refering to whaen you updated it? becuase this wont work take the cd that came witth the computer and install all the driversHow Do I Change My Screen Resolution to 1280x1024?
You do need a new driver. Thats what you have to do. If it is supported it will show up in the drop down.

No comments:

Post a Comment