Monday, June 6, 2011

I reformated my computer, now the screen resolution wont change. how can i change the screen resolution?

i reformated my computer, its a dell. its windows xp pro now. anyways, i right click on my desktop then properties and then setings and my screen resolution bar wont move..its set to 800x600 and i cant chnage itI reformated my computer, now the screen resolution wont change. how can i change the screen resolution?
try installing the graphics cards drivers if xp hasnt' already, this may be the only thing holding you back :)I reformated my computer, now the screen resolution wont change. how can i change the screen resolution?
download the graphics drivers from support.dell.com and install them.
You need to reinstall the drivers for your display adapter, according to my boyfriend the computer whiz. If you went from something other than XP to this XP pro you may have to go to the XP website and download hte drivers
Usually you're limited to those resolutions if you don't have SVGA Drivers. Find out the make and model of your video card, go to the manufacturer website and find the latest drivers for your card. You might have to open up your tower. Or if you can, go to Computer Mgmt. and tool around in there.
Assuming you have a PC and not a Mac, go to Start, select Control Panel, Appearances, Display, Display Properties, Settings (each in turn) and then use the controls on that display to obtain what you want.



Don't worry. If you don't get it right the first time, nothing will explode. Do be aware that you shorten the life of your monitor, the higher your settings. Not a biggie if you plan to replace in, say, three years, but a definite consideration if you are going for the long haul.
I reformat my computer a lot just pop in the driver disk

If you dont have a driver disk get the drivers for the video card.
installed the video drivers of your motherboard if itis on board or the drived of your video card
You need to reinstall the Graphic card drivers

No comments:

Post a Comment