Monday, June 6, 2011

When I try to change my screen resolution, it says ';Out of Range';?

Currently, my screen resolution is on 1440 x 900, which doesn't fit my widescreen monitor. Whenever I try to change it to 1680 x 1050 the screen goes black and a little box with an i on it says ';Out of Range';.



It's usually set to 1680 x 1050...I don't really know how it got to 1440 x 900. And I have a vista, if that makes any difference.



Could someone please tell me how to get the right resolution back?When I try to change my screen resolution, it says ';Out of Range';?
Out of Range will also crop up if the refresh range is incorrect. If possible on your PC try changing both the resolution and refresh rate (try lowering it) before hitting apply.When I try to change my screen resolution, it says ';Out of Range';?
Your video card doesn't have the capability to show resolutions that high, or you don't have one. Or maybe your monitor is not compatible with that resolution.
Who changed the resolution from 1680 x 1050 to 1440 x 900?



1680x1050 is a 16:10 aspect ratio, which is the computer wide screen standard, and 1440 x 900 is a 16:9 aspect ratio which is television wide screen (HDTV) standard. Not a lot of graphics cards will handle both. Complicating things is Vista, which under some conditions can install a software conversion to allow HDTV to be shown on your monitor screen.



It takes 720i and multiplies it, in this case by two and blocks out the extra lines on the bottom of the screen. I am not too familiar with the way Vista can be told to switch to HDTV standard. (not too many people are%26lt; as far as I know),



So you either have a monitor which has a switch on it someplace to let it accept HDTV signals from a tuner which will send the audio to a speaker system, or the change was made in vista, and every time it boots it sets the screen to 1440 to 900. this is not done through the control panel, which is why I suggest you find who in the family made the change, and hopefully by reversing whatever was done, you can get your whole screen back.
  • web hosting domains
  • fish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment