Monday, June 6, 2011

Why does my screen resolution change after hibernation?

I have a new Dell Vostro laptop on Windows XP. After hibernating, my screen display comes out in an enlarged resolution so I can't even see the entire screen and it even shifts side to side or up and down as I move my mouse pointer in that direction.



To fix it I simply right click on the desktop, select properties, go to settings and move the resolution to anything, apply it and then it is corrected. I usually move it to the max resolution but it doesn't make a difference as the problem recurs, not everytime, but most of the time. The resolution seems to be right where I last set it so its not like its resetting itself to a certain resolution each time.



How do I permanently fix this issue?Why does my screen resolution change after hibernation?
update the display card driver or reinstall it, and i think every after will be fineWhy does my screen resolution change after hibernation?
You might need a patch.

To fix some hibernating issues:

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/dell-vos



Go to Dell's site and check for support or drivers for this issue.
what's hibernation?
Try finding the drivers for the video card and the monitor on the Dell site under the downloads for your computer model



Reinstalling those might help fix the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment