Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Help with installing XP Professional, screen resolution changed and I cannot fix it?

We moved our PC into our daughters room when we got a Mac. Now, last night i did a whole full system recovery to wipe everything off it. Then installed Windows XP Professional (With Service pack 2). All was well until it rebooted. screen looks awful. Resolution is so very low. Message pops up and says resolution is set to lowest setting do you want windows to change it? I click yes and nothing happens. I go to display to change resolution but the little thing wont move off the lowest setting. I cant run any programs because they all need 256 colors. I don't know how to fix this, any suggestions would be great. By the way, this computer does not have internet on it, but have internet on the Mac. Thanks! Oh and this had Windows XP Home on it before I reformatted. Now I cannot find the disk so had to use XP professional.Help with installing XP Professional, screen resolution changed and I cannot fix it?
as well as loading windows you also need to load all the drivers for the pc, if you dont have internet on that machine you will need the driver disc that came with the original windows disc when it was newHelp with installing XP Professional, screen resolution changed and I cannot fix it?
Install video card drivers from your video card manufacturer's website



If you know what video card you have I can give you more specific instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment