Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I can't change my screen resolution?

I was about to burn my files on a cd last night but my computer hanged so I restarted my computer and when it started it was already set to the lowest resolution and I tried to change it in the display settings but it won't let me. The resolution is stuck to the lowest. I tried to restart my computer again but it's still set to the lowest. Does anyone know how to fix this?



oh yeah..I tried starting it in safe mode and the resolution was fine but when I restarted my computer it came back to the lowest resolution.I can't change my screen resolution?
If you started it in safe mode that would have been the lowest resolution! It dont get any lower! Sounds like you need to reinstall your video driver!I can't change my screen resolution?
You can try refreshing your display device driver.

In Windows XP: Right-Click on ';My Computer'; choose ';Properties';, ';Hardware'; tab, ';Device Manager'; button, look under the ';Display Adapters'; drop-down. Find your display adapter, right-click on it and choose ';Uninstall';.

When you reboot, it should re-detect the video card and install the correct drivers. If this does not work, you may have an IRQ or other resource conflict. You may be able to go into your cMOS setup at boot time and reset the PCI Bus ';auto configuration';.

You can also try re-installing the display drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment