Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change the native resolution on Sony Vaio Laptop?

Hi, my laptop screen has a native resolution of 1400x1050 and I want to make it smaller so everything will be larger and easier to read. When I try to change the screen settings to a smaller resolution everything stays the same size and there is just a black border around my screen. So if I change it to 1024x768 which I would like all that happens is my screen basically shrinks to 5';x7';. and all the text and applications are the same size. Please help!!How do I change the native resolution on Sony Vaio Laptop?
Right click on the desktop and click properties

Click settings

Change font size from normal to what ever you want.How do I change the native resolution on Sony Vaio Laptop?
First, let me define a ';Native'; resolution. LCD Monitors have a discrete number of pixels, which cannot be changed. This is called the monitor's Native Resolution.



The screen 'shrinks' because if it doesn't, the image will become blurry and almost more difficult to read. The screen has to display fewer pixels on a larger pixel grid, which means one displayed pixel takes up more than one screen pixel. Your best bet is to increase the size of your icons and fonts, instead of reducing the number of pixels displayed.



To do this, right click an empty spot on your desktop, and choose properties. This will pull up your display properties window. Under the Settings tab, click Advanced. Under the general tab, change the DPI setting to a higher setting. (120 should work fine.) You'll probably need your windows CD to make this change, as it will have to reinstall all your fonts. Restart your computer and you should be good to go. If you need bigger than that, you can change to a custom size also.



Hope i helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment