Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My screen resolution changed by itself and the settings I used to have disappeared..what happened?

The problem is...

I used to have a screen resolution fine for a 17' screen, I don't remember the exact umbers but it was higher than 1024 x 768.

This morning I turned the pc on and the resolution is 1024 x 768, and if I try to change it, the previous option is disappeared and I can only chose between 800x600 and 1024x768!

Why is that? How can I restore my previous resolution?

Thank you very much..My screen resolution changed by itself and the settings I used to have disappeared..what happened?
Ur monitor driver or grahics card driver may have corrupt or changed. Look for the correct monitor driver install. reinstalling drivers solve problem.My screen resolution changed by itself and the settings I used to have disappeared..what happened?
did u change ur monitor? well if u didn't then try system restore .
As an IT technician it sounds to me like you graphics card drivers have gone corrupt, Try reinstalling your graphics card from scratch that should do the trick.
1024x768 is the setting for a crt monitor. you can try going higher in controll panel, display settings, and try changing it. I doubt you'll be happy with it. If you have a LCD monitor try setting it for 1440X900.
update your display adapter's driver
  • programming
  • ittwit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment